Olivia Smith... and her BookWorld

Reading is something you can learn, love or just enjoy.

To me, reading is my passion.

I travel through words and stories, live in the past of great centuries, get disturbed by characters who need my attention and fall in love adventures I wish I had.

This is my world of BookLikes

ENJOY

Hallo!

Ich liebe das Lesen. Ich finde es immer so toll, in Welten einzutauchen, die man nicht kennt, die man entdecken möchte. Dieses Gefühl in etwas vertieft zu sein oder das Gefühl nicht mehr aus dieser Welt hinauszugehen.

Mit einem guten Buch ist man nie allein *.*

An exciting story with love, life and freedom!

The Light Behind the Window - Lucinda Riley

Summary

The present: Emilie de la Martinieres has always fought against her aristocratic background, but after the death of her glamorous, distant mother, she finds herself alone in the world and sole inheritor of her grand childhood home in the south of France. An old notebook of poems leads her in search of the mysterious and beautiful Sophia, whose tragic love affair changed the course of her family history. As Emilie unravels the story, she too embarks on her own journey of discovery, realising that the chateau may provide clues to her own difficult past and finally unlock the future.

The past: London 1943. A young office clerk, Constance Carruthers, is drafted into the SOE, arriving in occupied Paris during the climax of the conflict. Separated from her contact in her very first hours in France, she stumbles into the heart of a wealthy family who are caught up in a deadly game of secrets and lies. Forced to surrender her identity and all ties to her homeland and her beloved husband, Constance finds herself drawn into a complex web of deception, the repercussions of which will affect generations to come.

My opinion

The story was interesting and exciting, but on the one hand it didn't touched me so much. The lives of the characters are nice and well written, but I don't like it, when things are going so quickly. For example the quickly wedding of two characters.

It was really exciting, when I read of the SOE Agents in the 2nd World War. I didn't even know that there were secret Agents from Britain in France. And I love action movies and Secret Agents and all these things.

But all in all I was happy I read this novel of Lucinda Riley. The family secret was really great and sometimes I couldn't stop reading.

I also have to say that the poems in the book are so sweet and beautiful.

Well done, Mrs. Riley!

Ich lese gerade

Sturmhöhe
Emily Brontë
Die Zarin der Nacht (insel taschenbuch)
Eva Stachniak