Olivia Smith... and her BookWorld

Reading is something you can learn, love or just enjoy.

To me, reading is my passion.

I travel through words and stories, live in the past of great centuries, get disturbed by characters who need my attention and fall in love adventures I wish I had.

This is my world of BookLikes

ENJOY

Hallo!

Ich liebe das Lesen. Ich finde es immer so toll, in Welten einzutauchen, die man nicht kennt, die man entdecken möchte. Dieses Gefühl in etwas vertieft zu sein oder das Gefühl nicht mehr aus dieser Welt hinauszugehen.

Mit einem guten Buch ist man nie allein *.*

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson, Suzy Jackson Amy on the Summer Road (German Edition) - Morgan Matson, Franka Reinhart

After a long time a Teenager - Story again!

Summary:

Amy Curry thinks her life sucks. Her mom decides to move from California to Connecticut to start anew--just in time for Amy's senior year. Her dad recently died in a car accident. So Amy embarks on a road trip to escape from it all, driving cross-country from the home she's always known toward her new life. Joining Amy on the road trip is Roger, the son of Amy's mother's old friend. Amy hasn’t seen him in years, and she is less than thrilled to be driving across the country with a guy she barely knows. So she's surprised to find that she is developing a crush on him. At the same time, she’s coming to terms with her father’s death and how to put her own life back together after the accident. Told in traditional narrative as well as scraps from the road--diner napkins, motel receipts, postcards--this is the story of one girl's journey to find herself.

About the author:

Morgan Matson grew up in New York City and Greenwich, Connecticut. She attended Occidental College in Los Angeles but halfway though a theater degree, she started working in the children's department of Vroman's Bookstore and fell in love with YA literature.

Following college graduation she moved back East to attend the New School, where she received her M.F.A in Writing for Children.
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, inspired by Morgan's three cross-country road trips, was published in May 2010. It was named an ALA Top Ten Best Book, a PW "Flying Start" book, and was shortlisted for the Waterstone's Book Prize. It has since been published in five different languages and six different countries.

Her second book, Second Chance Summer, was published in May 2012 and draws largely on her experiences spending summers growing up in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Morgan currently lives in Los Angeles, though she loves to travel and does it whenever she can. She is currently writing another book, to be published in 2014.

My opinion:

It was the first Teenie story I've read for a long time, because I don't like books like that. I love novels by great authors and when there are grown-ups in the stories. But I was bored one day and I thought: C'mon! Read this book. And so I did. I honestly have to say, that I like it quite a lot!

The name Amy is very nice, but it's Amelia actually (I just love it so much). And her person is very special and unique. There are some parts of the book I hate to read, for example those parts, when she reviewes the last months or days. But I had to get thorugh it.

But I was thrilled to continue the story between her and the friend of the family: Roger

First of all: I hate this name! It couldn't get any worse but his character is so nice, but sometimes also very strange. He takes a lot easy and persuades her to take a road trip.

What I also like about this book, that there are some pictures in it, where you can see, where they've been and what they've seen and there are pictures of bills, where they've eaten as you can see here:

It's a beautiful idea to do that.

All in all it's a nice book for all Teenie-Fans of stories like this one.

Ich lese gerade

Sturmhöhe
Emily Brontë
Die Zarin der Nacht (insel taschenbuch)
Eva Stachniak