Olivia Smith... and her BookWorld

Reading is something you can learn, love or just enjoy.

To me, reading is my passion.

I travel through words and stories, live in the past of great centuries, get disturbed by characters who need my attention and fall in love adventures I wish I had.

This is my world of BookLikes

ENJOY

Hallo!

Ich liebe das Lesen. Ich finde es immer so toll, in Welten einzutauchen, die man nicht kennt, die man entdecken möchte. Dieses Gefühl in etwas vertieft zu sein oder das Gefühl nicht mehr aus dieser Welt hinauszugehen.

Mit einem guten Buch ist man nie allein *.*

A dramtical and exciting story!

The House At Riverton - Kate Morton

What's it about?

Grace Bradley went to work at Riverton House as a servant when she was just a girl, before the First World War. For years her life was inextricably tied up with the Hartford family, most particularly the two daughters, Hannah and Emmeline.

In the summer of 1924, at a glittering society party held at the house, a young poet shot himself. The only witnesses were Hannah and Emmeline and only they—and Grace—know the truth.

In 1999, when Grace is ninety-eight years old and living out her last days in a nursing home, she is visited by a young director who is making a film about the events of that summer. She takes Grace back to Riverton House and reawakens her memories. Told in flashback, this is the story of Grace's youth during the last days of Edwardian aristocratic privilege shattered by war, of the vibrant twenties, and the changes she witnessed as an entire way of life vanished forever.

The author Kate Morton

My opinion

I've read this novel for the second time and I was thrilled again! Kate Morton is such a great writer and she inspires me in this genre of novels!

I especially love the character Hannah Hartford! Her personality is like mine and she thinks about life and everything just like me. It's awesome! Because she wants more of the life,wants to go on adventure and wants live in an exciting world. And Kate Morton wrote that so well. What she thinks, how she thinks and so on.

The main character of this novel is Grace Bradley and I like her too, but not so much as Hannah. But it's very nice to read in a perspective of an servant in such a great old house as Riverton is. The secrets it keeps and the rich family, who lives in it.

Of course in such a great novel about secrets, the old England and a World War there is love in it. And I have to say again, that Kate Morton wrote it very, very well about Hannahs love in her life and also in Graces.

This novel is more than just a story!

And at the end I cried again and was so touched about the ending.

If you love the nice old England, old and beautiful houses and a life you always wanted - then read Kate Mortons wonderful novel: The House at Riverton!

Ich lese gerade

Sturmhöhe
Emily Brontë
Die Zarin der Nacht (insel taschenbuch)
Eva Stachniak